FOR SCHOOL COUNSELORS
We have some exciting events for you and your students this Spring! We always appreciate your help in organizing our visits with your students (in person and virtually). Please read through our events below for this Spring and reach out to Ben Wilkey (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Counselor Virtual Fair – Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021, 8:00 pm-11:00pm EST
- Whether you’re new to your position or an experienced veteran, this event will help you connect and reconnect with some amazing US universities and college representatives.
- In order to better accommodate you and give you enough time to visit all the institutions you are interested in, the event will run for 3 hours. Participating universities and colleges in the EST will be advertised for the first hour, CST the second hour, and PST the final hour.
- Information guides will be created for each participating counselor for you to download and research.
- A master information guide and spreadsheet of participating university and college information will be given to each counselor that registers and attends.
- All contact information and helpful school information will be collected from counselors and given to each participating university and college.
- Participating universities and colleges that would like to be present the entire time are more than welcome.
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 29, 2021
AEO Tour Week of Virtual Workshops/Presentations – Monday, Feb. 22nd – Friday, Feb. 26th, 2021
- We have seen a ton of interest and participation in our presentations and wanted to create a week specifically catered to helpful presentations/workshops for students. The idea of this week is to offer a less competitive event for university and college reps to be able to present to a large number of students, as well as providing a less intimidating event for students that is not a one-on-one zoom meeting or fair.
- Each day of the week, there will be two 30-minute workshops/presentations (10 in total for the week).
- An event website will be created for students to learn about each participating university and college.
- Obviously, we want to encourage each participating university and college to talk about their respective institutions, but we want to encourage reps to provide presentation topics that are catchy, out of the box, and most importantly helpful for international students. For example, presentation topics such as managing stress abroad, balancing a social life with school work, connecting with the community as an international student, tips for how to apply for your Visa, tips on how to network and get internships, etc.
- If you have any topics that would be beneficial for your students and their parents, please let us know!
AEO Tour Week of Virtual School Visits & Public Fair – Monday, March 15th – Friday, March 19th, 2021
- For those counselors that participated during our week of visits in the fall, the schedule & format will be fairly similar and catered to you and your students.
- We will have around 30-40 universities and colleges from all over the USA.
- Visits will be arranged with multiple schools throughout East and SE Asia. Instead of having a visit solely dedicated to one school, we will be combining multiple schools for every visit. However, if you would like to have your own visit, please reach out to us as we are flexible and want to do what is most effective for your students and the university reps.
- We will try to schedule similar time slots for M/W/F and another set will be arranged for T/Th. We will try to avoid super late nights followed by early mornings for our university reps.
- At the end of the week, a virtual public fair will be offered for your students and parents that weren’t able to attend the visit.
- An event website will be created, along with profiles and digital information guides for each participating university and college that you and your students will be able to have access to.
- A digital brochure and master spreadsheet of helpful information on behalf of each participating university and college will be compiled and sent to each school counselor in advance of our virtual visit.
- Students that register their information will be shared only with our participating university and college reps.
Registration Deadline: Friday, March 5th, 2021
Student Virtual Fair – Thursday, April 8th, 2021, 8:00 am-10:00 am EST
- We will have around 50-60 universities and colleges from all over the USA.
- Each university will receive their own virtual room/table.
- An event website will be created, along with profiles and digital information guides for each participating university and college for students to research and download.
- Students that pre-register will receive a scholarship list from our participating universities and colleges.